Thursday, 11 June 2015

Sound of My Voice(2011)

Contains Spoilers!!

I liked this film. Reading about the interpretations was even more fun. This film is perhaps second after Triangle(2009) where I spent a great deal of time reading various interpretations. Some strong suggestions on IMDb message boards are along the lines that movie is about cult psychology. I concur with this possibility. Some others suggest that it's actually a time-travel story--which might also be possible--though I prefer former.


I also read that makers of this film intended to create a trilogy of films--this clears why it might not appeal to many as a self-sufficient film in itself. I think it's as good a mystery film as it gets. Open to interpretation, fast, intriguing, well-done work of art. I would love to see other films of the series too if they ever appear. 

image source: here